01 July 2011

1 July 2011

Pretty leisurely day, but hot outside! A good day to stay indoors. After work (2 deliveries today), came home and waited for Tiff & kids to return from Toledo Zoo. Made mini pizzas on flatbread for an early dinner, then hung out while the kids colored & cut paper. Upstairs at 6:30 for popcorn and The Polar Express, while I finished up a novel and catnapped. Then off to bed with the kids - usual hourlong process, but this time instead of sitting at the computer, I went downstairs and did the dishes. I head some running around, but things seemed to go a little smoother. I came back upstairs, watched a couple shows online, and worked on my family history questions - paring down the list to something reasonably usable - but it's still so long!
---
"When I was young, I thought I could fly" - just a little snippet of verse that came to me today. I wonder if I still have what it takes to write a whole poem. Or maybe this line is a whole poem?

No comments:

Post a Comment