19 July 2011

17-18 July

A busy weekend - I left after the church picnic Sunday to drive to Nashville for a job interview - about an 8.5 hour drive. Spent the night at the Alexis Inn just off Briley Parkway and near the airport.

In the morning, I packed my stuff up, put it in the car in the parking lot, and caught the #18 bus to downtown (via the airport). An hour early for my interview, I walked around downtown Nashville: through the War Memorial, around the Capitol grounds, and down the Arcade between 5th and 4th Streets. Interview at 10:30 with Tim Roach of the Greater Nashville Regional Council went well, then lunch at Katie's in the Arcade - fried pork chop, greens, and sweet(!) tea.

After taking the bus back to the hotel, I drove to Brentwood to see Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace Plaza. Dave was out of town on vacation, but I had a cup of coffee with Martha Thompson (Director of Guest Relations) and browsed the bookstore. Back on the road headed north and struggling to stay awake the whole way north of Cincinnati. Got home about 1:30 AM and fell into bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment