02 July 2011

2 July 2011

Watered the gardens today - a good long soak. Tomatoes are going gangbusters - even starting to pink up on a couple of the Romas. Beans, okra, peas, and peppers are very leafy, but no flowers or even the hint thereof. Cucumbers are tall with lots of flowers - lets hope that they set some good fruit.
Sat down to work on Bible study, then I couldn't recall the last time I opened my Bible just to read. Why is it such a struggle to have a daily quiet time? I wonder if the struggle is similar for all stay-at-home parents with young kids - I need the kids to entertain themselves, be gone, or be asleep to get any time for devotions. I really should restudy Herb's Quiet Time lesson - and take it to heart! As Bert says, the lesson is not for those I wish would hear it - it's for me!
--
Just sitting down to a snack of cottage cheese and apple butter (homemade last fall from Wasem's apples). I'm told it's a Pennsylvania Dutch thing - perhaps a relic of my birth place? Listened to Aaron Copland as I washed the dishes this afternoon. There are few CDs that I want to sit down and deliberately listen to, and this is one. I want a pair of big, ear-covering headphones and an hour to myself to get lost in Appalachian Spring, Rodeo, Quiet City, Fanfare for the Common Man...

No comments:

Post a Comment