13 July 2011

13 July 2011

It's good to be back at work, even though it was a slow day: 5 deliveries, and only one tipped me! $12.80 all told. In related news, I do love the bacon and onion pizzas I've been making myself. Now if I just had some spinach to throw on there, that would be great.

Shopping trip to Meijer this afternoon with Isaac. He's started to put things in the cart on his own (apples, hot cocoa) but has some good suggestions, like potatoes for baked potatoes and ground beef for "porcupine balls". If only he was more gentle with the fruit!

I received an email today from Bill Orange at the Greater Nashville Regional Commission. He wants me to go down to Nashville for an interview on Monday - just five days from now! The bulk of the afternoon was spent making arrangement for hotel and rental car: I'm planning to drive down Sunday after the church picnic and return after a morning interview on Monday. It will be a lot of driving, but this is the best lead (read: first in-person interview) I've had since leaving McKenna 11 months ago.

Made (baked is too strong a word here) a banoffee pie tonight - dulce de leche and bananas in a prebaked crust, topped with a coffee whipped cream. Not bad, and light on the points (only 69 for the whole pie), but it doesn't quite match up to what I remember from Piece of Ireland back in Newark. Their pie was somehow more solid and richer - maybe they cut the bananas in smaller pieces? I wonder, too, if making it with boiled sweetened condensed milk would make that much of a difference over the jar of dulce de leche. Experiments for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment